Tigers vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 26
The Kansas City Royals (54-102) visit the Detroit Tigers (73-83) in AL Central action, at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Tigers will send Reese Olson (5-7) to the mound, while Zack Greinke (1-15) will answer the bell for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Tigers vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSDET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Venue: Comerica Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Olson - DET (5-7, 4.13 ERA) vs Greinke - KC (1-15, 5.10 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Tigers Injury Report|
|Tigers vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Tigers vs Royals Prediction|
|How to Watch Tigers vs Royals|
|Tigers vs Royals Odds|
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Reese Olson
- The Tigers' Olson (5-7) will make his 18th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed two hits in six innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 24-year-old has pitched to a 4.13 ERA this season with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across 20 games.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his fifth consecutive quality start.
- Olson has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has three appearances with no earned runs allowed in 20 chances this season.
Reese Olson vs. Royals
- The Royals have scored 651 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They are batting .243 for the campaign with 156 home runs, 26th in the league.
- The Royals have gone 6-for-23 with a double, two home runs and three RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Greinke
- Greinke (1-15 with a 5.10 ERA and 90 strikeouts in 132 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Royals, his 26th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the righty tossed 3 2/3 innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 39-year-old has amassed an ERA of 5.10, with 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 28 games this season. Opponents have a .287 batting average against him.
- Greinke has two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Greinke has pitched five or more innings in a game 17 times this season entering this game.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in four of his 28 outings this season.
Zack Greinke vs. Tigers
- He will take the hill against a Tigers squad that is hitting .234 as a unit (28th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .376 (29th in the league) with 156 total home runs (26th in MLB play).
- Greinke has thrown nine innings, giving up three earned runs on eight hits while striking out six against the Tigers this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.