David Montgomery Week 2 Preview vs. the Seahawks
David Montgomery will be up against the 12th-ranked rushing defense in the NFL when his Detroit Lions take on the Seattle Seahawks in Week 2, on Sunday at 1:00 PM ET.
Montgomery averaged 50.1 yards rushing and scored five TDs last year. Montgomery complemented his performance on the ground with 2.1 receptions and 19.8 receiving yards per game.
Check out the latest odds and place your bets on Montgomery and the Lions with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Montgomery vs. the Seahawks
- Montgomery vs the Seahawks (since 2021): 1 GP / 45 RUSH YPG / RUSH TD
- Looking at run defense, the Seahawks gave up more than 100 rushing yards to nine players last season.
- Against Seattle last season, 16 players rushed for at least one TD.
- The Seahawks gave up at least two rushing TDs on the ground to four players last season.
- The Seahawks were the NFL's 30th-ranked run defense last year after surrendering 150.2 yards per game on the ground.
- A year ago, the Seahawks allowed 21 rushing touchdowns. That ranked 27th in NFL play.
Lions Player Previews
David Montgomery Rushing Props vs. the Seahawks
- Rushing Yards: 56.5 (-111)
Put your picks to the test and bet on Montgomery with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Montgomery Rushing Insights
- Montgomery hit the over on his rushing yards total set by bookmakers in five of his 15 opportunities last year (33.3%).
- The Lions, who were fifth in the league in points scored last year, dropped back to pass 55.1% of the time while running the ball 44.9% of the time.
- Montgomery ran for a touchdown in five games last season, but did not score more than one in a single game.
David Montgomery Receiving Props vs the Seahawks
- Receiving Yards: 11.5 (-120)
Montgomery Receiving Insights
- Montgomery went over on receiving yards prop bets in seven of his 15 games (46.7%) a season ago.
- He averaged 7.9 yards per target last season (54th in league), picking up 316 yards on 40 passes thrown his way.
- Montgomery had a receiving touchdown in one of 16 games last year, but had no games with multiple receiving TDs.
Montgomery's Last Season Performance
|Opponent||Date||Week||Rushing Stats||Receiving Stats|
|vs. 49ers||9/11/2022||Week 1||17 ATT / 26 YDS / 0 TDs||4 TAR / 3 REC / 24 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Packers||9/18/2022||Week 2||15 ATT / 122 YDS / 0 TDs||2 TAR / 2 REC / 14 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Texans||9/25/2022||Week 3||3 ATT / 11 YDS / 0 TDs||TAR / 0 REC / 0 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Vikings||10/9/2022||Week 5||12 ATT / 20 YDS / 1 TD||4 TAR / 4 REC / 62 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Commanders||10/13/2022||Week 6||15 ATT / 67 YDS / 0 TDs||1 TAR / 1 REC / 13 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Patriots||10/24/2022||Week 7||15 ATT / 62 YDS / 1 TD||TAR / 0 REC / 0 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Cowboys||10/30/2022||Week 8||15 ATT / 53 YDS / 0 TDs||3 TAR / 3 REC / 22 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Dolphins||11/6/2022||Week 9||14 ATT / 36 YDS / 0 TDs||2 TAR / 1 REC / 8 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Lions||11/13/2022||Week 10||9 ATT / 37 YDS / 0 TDs||1 TAR / 1 REC / 7 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Falcons||11/20/2022||Week 11||17 ATT / 67 YDS / 1 TD||4 TAR / 3 REC / 54 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Jets||11/27/2022||Week 12||14 ATT / 79 YDS / 0 TDs||4 TAR / 3 REC / 34 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Packers||12/4/2022||Week 13||14 ATT / 61 YDS / 1 TD||5 TAR / 4 REC / 6 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Eagles||12/18/2022||Week 15||12 ATT / 53 YDS / 1 TD||3 TAR / 3 REC / 38 YDS / 1 TD|
|vs. Bills||12/24/2022||Week 16||16 ATT / 62 YDS / 0 TDs||4 TAR / 4 REC / 22 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Lions||1/1/2023||Week 17||6 ATT / 24 YDS / 0 TDs||3 TAR / 2 REC / 12 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Vikings||1/8/2023||Week 18||7 ATT / 21 YDS / 0 TDs||TAR / 0 REC / 0 YDS / 0 TDs|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.