Tigers vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 29
The Texas Rangers (33-19) visit the Detroit Tigers (25-26) to start a three-game series at Comerica Park, with first pitch at 1:10 PM ET on Monday. The Rangers are coming off a series victory over the Orioles, and the Tigers a series win over the White Sox.
The Rangers will look to Nathan Eovaldi (6-2) versus the Tigers and Matthew Boyd (3-3).
Tigers vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Time: 1:10 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Venue: Comerica Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Eovaldi - TEX (6-2, 2.60 ERA) vs Boyd - DET (3-3, 5.74 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Tigers Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Tigers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Tigers Player Props|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Tigers|
|Rangers vs Tigers Odds|
|Rangers vs Tigers Prediction|
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Matthew Boyd
- The Tigers will send Boyd (3-3) to the mound to make his 10th start of the season. He is 3-3 with a 5.74 ERA and 39 strikeouts over 42 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- The 32-year-old has amassed an ERA of 5.74, with 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opponents are hitting .251 against him.
- Boyd is trying to secure his second quality start of the season.
- Boyd has pitched five or more innings in a game five times this season heading into this outing.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nathan Eovaldi
- Eovaldi (6-2) will take the mound for the Rangers, his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed nine innings while giving up one earned run on six hits in a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 33-year-old has pitched to a 2.60 ERA this season with 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.4 walks per nine across 10 games.
- He's looking to extend his seven-game quality start streak.
- Eovaldi will look to finish five or more innings for the 11th start in a row.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 33-year-old ranks seventh in ERA (2.60), fifth in WHIP (.966), and 35th in K/9 (8.6).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.