Tigers vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
The Kansas City Royals (15-35) and Detroit Tigers (21-25) meet on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET at Kauffman Stadium, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Royals will give the nod to Zack Greinke (1-5, 4.82 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 2 on the season, and the Tigers will counter with Matthew Boyd (3-3, 6.21 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Tigers vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Greinke - KC (1-5, 4.82 ERA) vs Boyd - DET (3-3, 6.21 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Tigers Injury Report|
|Royals vs Tigers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Royals vs Tigers Player Props|
|Royals vs Tigers Prediction|
|How to Watch Royals vs Tigers|
|Royals vs Tigers Odds|
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Matthew Boyd
- Boyd gets the start for the Tigers, his ninth of the season. He is 3-3 with a 6.21 ERA and 33 strikeouts in 37 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the lefty went 5 2/3 innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 32-year-old has put up an ERA of 6.21, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opposing batters have a .260 batting average against him.
- Boyd is trying to secure his second quality start of the season.
- Boyd heads into the game with five outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Greinke
- The Royals' Greinke (1-5) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Chicago White Sox on Saturday.
- The 39-year-old has an ERA of 4.82 and 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .268 in 10 games this season.
- In 10 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in one of them.
- Greinke has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 39-year-old's 4.82 ERA ranks 60th, 1.185 WHIP ranks 33rd, and 6.2 K/9 ranks 65th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.