Tigers vs. Nationals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
The Washington Nationals (19-27) and Detroit Tigers (20-23) square off on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET at Nationals Park, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Nationals will send Josiah Gray (3-5) to the mound, while Joey Wentz (1-3) will get the nod for the Tigers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Tigers vs. Nationals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: MASN2
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - WSH (3-5, 2.73 ERA) vs Wentz - DET (1-3, 6.38 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Tigers Injury Report|
|Nationals vs Tigers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Nationals vs Tigers Player Props|
|Nationals vs Tigers Prediction|
|How to Watch Nationals vs Tigers|
|Nationals vs Tigers Odds|
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Joey Wentz
- Wentz (1-3 with a 6.38 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 36 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Tigers, his ninth of the season.
- The lefty's last time out was on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, when he went 2 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In eight games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed a 6.38 ERA and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .269 to his opponents.
- Wentz has not recorded a quality start so far this season.
- Wentz enters the game with five outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Josiah Gray
- Gray (3-5) will take to the mound for the Nationals and make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw seven innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 2.73, a 2.05 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.348.
- He's going for his third straight quality start.
- Gray will look to finish five or more innings for the 10th start in a row.
- The 25-year-old ranks 13th in ERA (2.73), 54th in WHIP (1.348), and 48th in K/9 (7.7) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.