Michigan State vs. Marquette Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Sunday's game features the Marquette Golden Eagles (29-6) and the Michigan State Spartans (20-12) squaring off at Nationwide Arena in what is expected to be a competitive matchup, with a projected 73-70 victory for Marquette according to our computer prediction. Game time is at 5:15 PM ET on March 19.
Based on our computer prediction, Michigan State should cover the spread, which currently sits at 3.5. The two sides are projected to eclipse the 139.5 over/under.
Michigan State vs. Marquette Game Info & Odds
- Date: Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Time: 5:15 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Columbus, Ohio
- Venue: Nationwide Arena
- Line: Marquette -3.5
- Point Total: 139.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Marquette -160, Michigan State +135
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Michigan State vs. Marquette Score Prediction
- Prediction: Marquette 73, Michigan State 70
Spread & Total Prediction for Michigan State vs. Marquette
- Pick ATS:
Michigan State (+3.5)
- Pick OU:
Marquette has gone 20-11-0 against the spread, while Michigan State's ATS record this season is 15-14-0. A total of 15 out of the Golden Eagles' games this season have hit the over, and 16 of the Spartans' games have gone over. The teams score an average of 150.2 points per game, 10.7 more points than this matchup's total. In the last 10 contests, Marquette has a 6-4 record against the spread while going 10-0 overall. Michigan State has gone 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall in its last 10 matches.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Michigan State Performance Insights
- The Spartans' +98 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 3.1 points per game) is a result of putting up 70.3 points per game (204th in college basketball) while allowing 67.2 per contest (88th in college basketball).
- Michigan State comes out on top in the rebound battle by an average of 1.7 boards. It collects 32.1 rebounds per game (157th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 30.4.
- Michigan State hits 7.4 three-pointers per game (181st in college basketball), while its opponents have made 7 on average.
- Michigan State and its opponents have been relatively even in the turnover battle. The Spartans commit 10.2 per game (34th in college basketball) and force 9.5 (347th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.