USC vs. South Dakota State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 3:39 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 7:38 PM EDT
Friday's game between the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (28-5) and the USC Trojans (21-9) at Cassell Coliseum is expected to be a tight matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 66-64, with South Dakota State securing the victory. Game time is at 8:00 PM ET on March 17.
The Trojans are coming off of a 56-48 loss to Oregon State in their most recent game on Wednesday.
USC vs. South Dakota State Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Cassell Coliseum in Blacksburg, Virginia
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNews
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
USC vs. South Dakota State Score Prediction
- Prediction: South Dakota State 66, USC 64
USC Schedule Analysis
- Against the No. 5 Stanford Cardinal on January 15, the Trojans registered their best win of the season, a 55-46 home victory.
- The Trojans have six wins over Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the 21st-most in the country.
- Against Quadrant 2 teams, USC is 5-2 (.714%) -- tied for the 34th-most wins.
USC 2022-23 Best Wins
- 55-46 at home over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on January 15
- 71-54 on the road over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on January 29
- 68-65 at home over Washington State (No. 23/AP Poll) on February 25
- 51-44 on the road over Washington State (No. 23/AP Poll) on January 20
- 56-51 at home over Oregon (No. 34) on February 10
South Dakota State Schedule Analysis
- In their best win of the season on November 21, the Jackrabbits defeated the Louisville Cardinals, a top 50 team (No. 21) in our computer rankings, by a score of 65-55.
- South Dakota State has tied for the 11th-most Quadrant 4 wins in the country (18).
South Dakota State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 65-55 over Louisville (No. 21) on November 21
- 63-62 at home over Mississippi State (No. 44) on November 14
- 80-69 at home over Northern Iowa (No. 51) on December 3
- 82-78 over Kansas State (No. 66) on December 10
- 75-57 on the road over North Dakota (No. 172) on February 2
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
USC Performance Insights
- The Trojans have a +287 scoring differential, topping opponents by 9.6 points per game. They're putting up 64.4 points per game to rank 195th in college basketball and are giving up 54.8 per contest to rank 16th in college basketball.
- In conference games, USC puts up fewer points per contest (61.2) than its overall average (64.4).
- When playing at home, the Trojans are averaging 5.1 more points per game (67.6) than they are in away games (62.5).
- USC cedes 51.2 points per game at home this year, compared to 59.6 in away games.
- On offense, the Trojans have had a hard time putting the ball in the basket over their last 10 games, scoring 61.4 points per contest over that span as opposed to the 64.4 they've put up over the course of this year.
South Dakota State Performance Insights
- The Jackrabbits' +629 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 19.1 points per game) is a result of putting up 79.4 points per game (10th in college basketball) while giving up 60.3 per contest (77th in college basketball).
- In conference play, South Dakota State is putting up more points (85.4 per game) than it is overall (79.4) in 2022-23.
- In 2022-23 the Jackrabbits are scoring 13.1 more points per game at home (86.6) than away (73.5).
- In 2022-23 South Dakota State is allowing 1.6 more points per game at home (60.6) than away (59.0).
- The Jackrabbits have played better offensively over their previous 10 games, averaging 85.0 points per contest, 5.6 more than their season average of 79.4.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.