Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
WILX is an NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan. WILX is owned by Gray Television Inc., one of the fastest growing broadcast and digital media groups in the nation. WILX produces a total of 46 hours of news per week, 26.5 for WILX and 19.5 for the local Fox affiliate WSYM. A market leader in News, digital, and social media WILX, News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters “Station of the Year” award. Lansing, a vibrant, diverse, stable city is a great place to live and work. A community with a rich history, full of hard-working, caring people, striving to make Mid-Michigan their place they call home.
Applicants are encouraged to learn more about WILX at,
WILX, mid-Michigan’s dominant NBC affiliate, seeks a reporter for daily news coverage and serving as a strong representative for WILX in the community.
Lansing, Michigan is an exceptional place to live and sharpen your professional skills. It is the state capital, Michigan State University is in adjacent East Lansing and General Motors has built two of its newest North American assembly plants here.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgement and leadership to help determine content of the newscasts
• Work alongside the producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts with impact
• Be aggressive on social media and other digital platforms.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Generate investigative stories using sources to dig deeper
• Perform other tasks as required including but not limited to filling in for producers and anchors of other newscasts
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
WILX is a drug-free work environment and employment will be dependent on drug test results. You must also have a driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Must be able to generate good solid story ideas and be self-sufficient.
• Must be able to shoot and edit and have good driving record.’
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job