• 1 ½ pounds of fresh green beans, with ends snapped off and cut in thirds
• 1-14 ounce can chickpeas drained
• 1-14 ounce can Italian seasoned stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
• 2 large garlic clove, minced
• 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
• ½ cup Pecorino cheese, grated
• ½ tsp. smoked paprika (Pimenton)
• 1 pinch red pepper flakes
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• ½ tsp. freshly cracked pepper
• Fresh thyme, chopped
• Fresh rosemary, chopped
• Fresh oregano, chopped
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small mixing bowl, toss the chickpeas with the smoked paprika, sea salt, pepper and EVOO until completely coated. Pour the chickpeas onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and toasted.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the green beans for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green in color and crisp. Immediately remove the green beans and place into an ice bath.
4. Blot excess water off of the green beans, if necessary. Cut the green beans into thirds and place into a large mixing bowl.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the stewed tomatoes with half of the minced garlic until combined.
6. In a small bowl or dressing container, mix together 3 tablespoons of EVOO, lemon juice, lemon zest, half of the Pecorino cheese, remaining garlic and red pepper. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
7. Pour the dressing over the green beans and toss until they are evenly coated.
8. Top the green beans with the roasted chickpeas, stewed tomato mixture and remaining pecorino cheese. Sprinkle the freshly chopped thyme, rosemary and oregano over the top.
9. Serve and enjoy!