• 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1 1/2 pounds extra-large or jumbo shrimp, or about 21 to 30 per pound, shelled and de-veined
• 3 cups spinach, cleaned and trimmed
• 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions1. Combine the butter, oil, sliced garlic, Creole seasoning, and the black and cayenne peppers in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water and pat dry.
3. Add the prepared shrimp to the slow cooker and stir to coat them with the oil and butter mixture. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. Add spinach and stir until combined and cook on high for 10-15 more minutes. When the shrimp are opaque and pink in color and the spinach is wilted, remove them to a serving dish and pour the sauce over them. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with favorite whole grain. Enjoy!