• 4 salmon fillets, anywhere from 3-6 ounces for each fillet
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1/4 cup white onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
• 1.5 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp. honey
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• 2 cup of blueberries (you can use fresh or frozen)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and season salmon with salt and pepper.
3. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, heat olive oil.
4. Add onions to pot and cook for 1-2 minutes or until onions are soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant about 1 more minute.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and add in ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
6. Add in the blueberries and continue to stir occasionally to keep the sauce moving. Allow the blueberries to break open and start to breakdown, about 5 minutes.
7. Transfer sauce to a blender or using an immersion blender blend the sauce until smooth.
8. If the sauce is too thick add in water one tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
9. Brush salmon with a bit of sauce and transfer to oven, bake for 5 minutes.
10. Remove salmon from oven and brush with a bit more sauce, return to oven and bake for 5-7 more minutes. This will give you a medium cooked salmon that is nice and flaky.
11. To serve top with remaining sauce.