• Cooking spray
• ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained well
• 5 eggs
• 6 egg whites (or you can use 8-10 eggs total)
• 1 ½ cups of milk of your choice
• 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• 1 tsp chopped chives
• 1 Tbsp. chopped basil leaves
• 1 ½ cups kale or spinach, roughly chopped
• 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
• 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese or other cheese variety of your choice
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use cooking spray to coat 9x9 baking dish
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, chives and quinoa. Then stir in spinach and tomatoes
3. Pour entire mixture in prepared dish
4. Cover tightly with foil and gently shake so that the quinoa settles to the bottom of the pan evenly. Once cooked the quinoa will almost be like a crust.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes, so it just sets.
6. Remove the foil and sprinkle the cheese evenly on top. Bake uncovered until the cheese melts, may wish to bake longer for a golden and crisp cheese topping. 8-15 minutes.
7. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!