• 2 cups of pumpkin puree
• 3 cups chopped fresh spinach or 125g frozen chopped spinach
• 1 small zucchini, grated
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick)
• ½ cup sharp cheddar or parmesan, shredded
• 4 tsp. baking powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350F. Use paper liners or use cooking spray to grease muffin pan.
2. Mix pumpkin, spinach, zucchini, eggs, milk and cheeses together in a large mixing bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, oats and baking soda. Slowly stir in flour mixture into wet mixture. Stir until well combined.
4. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, filling to the top.
5. Bake the muffins for 20-30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. A toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean and it should be solid and will look golden on top.
6. Allow to cool in muffin tin before removing. Enjoy warm or cold!
Note: Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. You may also freeze and defrost when ready to eat.