• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
• 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
• 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• ½ cup shredded carrots
• ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
• ½ cup chopped nuts of choice (optional)
• Cream cheese drizzle glaze (optional) – recipe below
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400F and use paper liners or spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Add all the ingredients (except the optional chocolate chips, nuts and cream cheese glaze) into food processor. Process until batters is mostly smooth (carrot pieces may not be fully processed), about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in optional chocolate chips or nuts by hand.
4. Pour batter into muffin pan until ¾ full. Sprinkle each muffin with some chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds or rolled oats on top, if desired.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffin to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. If desired, may drizzle cream cheese glaze on top. Will store in an airtight container for a week. Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Glaze
• 4 ounces whipped light cream cheese, room temperature
• 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• 3 Tbsp. milk or milk substitute of choice, more may be needed
1. Mix cream cheese and sugar together with hand mixer until well combined, about 1 minute.
2. Add salt, lemon juice and milk. Mix on low until smooth. If it is too thick, add more milk, only 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Drizzle over pumpkin muffins, if desired. Enjoy!