• 5 tsp. olive oil (divided)
• 1 pound gluten-free Italian turkey sausage, casings removed, such as Bob Evans (optional)
• 1 small butternut squash, cut into 1/2- inch cubes
• 3 small leeks, halved and thinly sliced
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. pepper
• 1 bunch kale
• 1 loaf stale gluten-free bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 egg
• 2 cups gluten-free vegetable broth, such as Swanson’s (Note: Swanson’s organic vegetable broth is NOT gluten-free)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two small or one large casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage, if using. Cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
3. Add butternut squash, leeks, salt, and pepper. Cook until leeks are soft, stirring occasionally. Add kale, cover, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until wilted.
4. Add bread and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, and toss to distribute oil. Whisk egg and chicken broth together in a separate bowl, and then add to pot. Toss bread mixture around to coat and cook for about a minute, until liquid is absorbed.
5. Add stuffing to prepared casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Enjoy!