• 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
• 1 cup sliced almonds
• ½ cup wheat germ
• ½ cup honey
• ¼ cup dark brown sugar
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 1 ½ cups chopped dried fruit, any combination of apricots, cherries, blueberries, raisins and more
Directions1. Butter a 9 by 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and wheat germ onto a half-sheet pan. Place in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, extract and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
4. Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees F.
5. Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture, add the dried fruit, and stir to combine.
6. Turn mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!