• 1 pound ground turkey breast or lean ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or beef broth
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon dried basil1 teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ cup small pasta, such as orzo or pastini
• 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
• 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or white beans, rinsed and drained
• Pepper and salt to taste
• Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Directions1. In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté the turkey and onion until the turkey is cooked through.
2. Add the carrots and celery and sauté for 10 minutes, or until softened. Add the broth, tomatoes, basil, and oregano and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the pasta, frozen spinach, and beans and cook for 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!