• 2 big green tomatoes, cut into ½-inch slices
• 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced into ½-inch rounds
• 2 large or 3 medium portobella mushroom caps, gills removed
• 2 red bell peppers, de-seeded and cut in half
• Salt and pepper
• Olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, optional
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup olive oil
Directions1. Set grill to medium-high heat.
2. Salt and pepper all the vegetables and brush with olive oil before grilling. Let sit while you make the vinaigrette.
3. Mix all balsamic vinaigrette ingredients together.
4. Vegetables may be placed directly on a clean grill or in a vegetable grill basket.
5. Grill the vegetables for 4-8 minutes on each side, until you see some charring and grill marks to your liking.
6. Once the vegetables are done, chop vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Toss with balsamic vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!