• 1 1/2 cups liquid (water or milk or both)
• 1 green tea bag
• 1/2 cup oats
• pinch of salt
• 1/2-1 tsp. turmeric, to taste
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• 2 tbsp. honey, or sweetener of choice
• 1/4 tsp. vanilla
• berries, bananas, dried fruit, nuts, shredded coconut, granola or your choice of toppings
Directions1. Heat the liquid in a pot on the stove until it is at a full boil. Note: if using all milk, be careful that the milk does not curdle or foam over pot. Carefully pour this over a green tea bag, and let it steep for at least 5 minutes. Move the bag up and down a few times to release the flavonoids.
2. When the tea is fully steeped, return the liquid to the pot, along with the oats and salt. The oats will begin to fluff up right away from the warm liquid. Cook the oats on low, stirring.
3. When most of the liquid is absorbed, stir in the turmeric, honey/sweetener, vanilla, and any other desired ingredients. Once desired consistency is reached, spoon the oatmeal into a serving dish, along with toppings of choice. Enjoy!