• 1 pound gnocchi
• Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 9 ounces (about 3 links) cooked chicken sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick coins
• 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
• 1 to 2 ounces fresh basil, julienned (1/2 to 1 cup loosely packed)
Directions1. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling; cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Don’t overcook. Drain liquid and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Heat a 10-inch or larger cast iron skillet over medium heat with a light drizzle of olive oil.
3. Add the sausage coins and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Push the sausage into a pile at the edge of the skillet and turn the heat up to high.
4. When the skillet is hot, add the tomatoes, skin down. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are blistered, then stir in with the sausage. Cook for 2 more minutes, until both tomatoes and sausage are slightly browned.
5. Stir in gnocchi and cook just until all is combined, but the tomatoes have not broken down into sauce.
6. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!