• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 2 apples, cored and diced – choose your favorite variety (peeling is optional)
• 1/4 cup golden raisins
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups vanilla milk substitute of choice
• 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
• 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-by-8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
3. Sprinkle the apple and raisins on top of the quinoa.
4. In that same small bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk and maple syrup.
5. Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir to partially submerge the fruit. Sprinkle the chopped almonds on top.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
7. Allow to cool, and then cover and refrigerate. In the morning, cut a square, microwave it on a plate, and enjoy alone or with a few dollops of Greek yogurt. Enjoy!