• Orange peppers
• Thin whole wheat spaghetti noodles - 1 box
• About 6 cups total of vegetables of your choice, cleaned and chopped into bite size pieces
o Bell peppers
o Olives of your choice, pitted
o Banana peppers
o Sun-dried tomatoes
• 1-2 pounds total of your favorite lunch meats, cubed into bite sized pieces
• About 1 pound (3-4 cups) total of your favorite cheeses cubed into bite sized pieces
o Colby-JackRed Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
• 2 cups olive oil
• 1 cup red wine vinegar
• ¾ cup lemon juice, about 2 -3 lemons if using fresh squeezed
• 1/3 cup of honey
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 teaspoons dried oregano
• 4 teaspoons kosher salt
• Salt and pepper to taste
Directions1. Make red wine vinaigrette first. Just whisk together all ingredients and place in an air-tight sealed container in the refrigerator.
2. Cook spaghetti noodles as directed until they are al dente. Season water that noodles are cooking in with salt. Once completed, drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Place noodles in a bowl and dress with vinaigrette right away.
4. While the noodles are cooking, clean orange bell peppers. Cut off the top and keep as top of “jack o’lantern.” Clean out all the seeds and membranes of orange bell pepper carefully.
5. Next carefully, cut out a jack o’lantern face from each orange bell pepper. Set aside.
6. Chop all vegetables, meat and cheese, then add to noodles. Toss thoroughly so all of the salad items are covered in dressing.
7. Place salad and peppers in the refrigerator. I recommend making the pasta salad the day before serving.
8. When serving, place antipasto spaghetti salad in each of the jack o’lantern orange bell peppers for a fun, healthy and spooky Halloween meal. Enjoy!