Youth pastor charged in two separate cases of sexually assaulting a minor
A youth pastor at a church in Lansing has been charged with sexually assaulting a minor in 2 separate cases. Victor Albert Trevino Jr. has been arraigned on a total of 15 charges between the two cases.
Trevino is a youth pastor at the Bread House South church. Prosecutors say he had inappropriate contact with a minor between 13 and 16 years old. They also say Trevino repeatedly tried to convince her to have sex with him. He's facing 9 charges in the Lansing case.
His father is also charged in this case. Victor Albert Trevino Senior is facing one misdemeanor count of failure to report child abuse.
Victor Trevino Junior's other case is in Ingham County's 55th District Court. He's charged with 5 counts of 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct involving a victim younger than 13.
The Ingham County Prosecutor's Office tells wilx.com the cases against Victor Trevino Jr. would likely be combined if both of them are bound over for trial in Circuit Court. News 10 and wilx.com will continue to keep you updated on this story.
The charges against Victor Trevino Junior are as follows:
54-A District Court
- Child Sexually Abusive Activity
- Using a Computer to Commit a Crime (20 years to life)
- Accosting a Child for Immoral Purposes
- Using a Computer to Commit a Crime (4-10 years)
- 5 counts of 4th Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct (Victim Between 13-16)
55th District Court
- 5 counts of 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct (Victim Under 13, Defendant Older Than 17)
- Criminal Sexual Conduct - 2nd Degree Assault