CHARLOTTE, MI (WILX) -- The Barry-Eaton District Health Department now says 79 people have reported getting sick after eating at a restaurant in Charlotte.
News 10 first reported that Tequila's Mexican Grill was forced to close last month.
The health department allowed it to reopen Wednesday, June 19, but then shut it down again Friday as more illnesses were reported.
The exact cause has not been determined.
A spokeswoman for the health department tells wilx.com "it is often hard to pinpoint the exact cause."
She says the investigation is still ongoing. Tequila's is still closed as of Friday afternoon.
News 10 and wilx.com will keep you updated on this story.
Copyright 2019 WILX. All rights reserved.