LANSING, Mich. (WILX) -- The Michigan House of Representatives elected its new Speaker of the House on Thursday.
Rep. Lee Chatfield, R-Levering, said he wants to continue the conservative policy reforms that have been building Michigan's comeback over the past eight years, according to a press release.
"(Michigan families) deserve better opportunities and better, stronger communities. They deserve a growing economy and a more prosperous future," Chatfield said. "This is the team that will advocate for bold reforms to bring our state to new heights and continue writing Michigan’s amazing comeback story.”
Key members of Rep. Chatfield’s leadership team:
• Speaker Pro-Tempore Jason Wentworth
• Associate Speaker Pro-Tempore Pam Hornberger
• Associate Speaker Pro-Tempore Jim Lilly
• Majority Floor Leader Triston Cole
• Assistant Majority Floor Leader Mary Whiteford
• Assistant Majority Floor Leader Michael Webber
• Majority Whip Jason Sheppard
• Deputy Whip Diana Farrington
• Caucus Chair Eric Leutheuser
• Caucus Vice Chair Graham Filler
Information from the Michigan House of Representatives.