Search resumes for final victim of California boat fire

MGN
By  | 

Authorities say divers have resumed a search for the final missing victim who perished in a boat fire off the Southern California coast.
The victim is one of 34 who died at sea last week near Santa Cruz Island. Five of the Conception's six crew members survived after multiple attempts to save the others who were trapped below deck.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Lt. Erik Raney says salvage efforts to recover the Conception also resumed Wednesday.
A criminal investigation of the fire is being handled by the Coast Guard, FBI and U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles.
Authorities have said the victims, 21 women and 13 men from 16 to 62 years old, appear to have died from smoke inhalation.
Copyright 2019 Associated Press. All rights reserved.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus