Prince Phillip gives up driving

By  | 

NBC, (WILX) - The UK's Crown Prosecution Service is considering charges over a crash involving the Duke of Edinburgh last month in which two women were injured.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is the husband of Queen Elizabeth II., Photo Date: April 17, 2013 / Cropped Photo: Jamie McCaffrey / CC BY 2.0 / (MGN)

The statement comes after Buckingham Palace said Saturday Prince Philip has "voluntarily" surrendered his license.

Britain's 97-year-old Prince Philip escaped without injury on January 17th when the Land Rover he was driving flipped in a crash.

The other driver and passenger suffered minor injuries.

Philip said the sun affected his eye sight, causing him to crash.

The prince received a warning from police for driving without a seat belt two days after the crash.