No injuries in Leroy Township barn fire

By  | 

LEROY TWP., (MICH) -- A fire Thursday morning in Leroy Township that started in a barn caused a lot of damage but no one, included animals, were injured.

It happened at 2965 E. Howell Road.

Leroy Township Fire Department along with Mason and Dansville helped to contain the fire that was reported at just before 10:30 Thursday morning.

At this time, the fire is under investigation. Officials are not sure as to what started the blaze which wass down to a smolder by noon.

News 10 was on the scene and talked with a family member of the owner of the barn. The son said, no people or dogs were injured and that the fire happened inside the barn where there is a workshop. He stated that a piece of equipment must likely started the fire.

The inside of the barn is badly damaged but the outside is okay.