News 10, United Way of Jackson County Diaper Drive
Did you know one in three families struggle to buy diapers for their little ones?
Imagine having to decide whether to pay rent, keep the lights on or buy diapers for your baby. It happens every day in our community.
That's why News 10 has teamed up with the United Way of Jackson County for a diaper drive.
in Jackson is celebrating 85 years in business.
And they are encouraging their customers to stop by and say "Happy Birthday" with some diapers for the diaper drive.
Bring diapers to any of their locations, or text to give.
"As a single mom, when I get my paycheck, you pay for your bills, you pay for your housing, you pay for your food. You have this small amount left, so you are like, what am I going to do? Am I going to put gas in my car for the week, am I going to get my child diapers, am I going to be able to pay for fewer prescriptions?" Curtis said.
One of her children has special needs, so a lot of money goes toward medical costs.
She said the diaper drive will be a huge help to her family.
"Anybody who donates or who is in a position to donate, really just gives families peace of mind that their children's needs are going to be met. I think that is really awesome," Curtis said.
The Diaper Drive kicked off on March 11 and runs through March 22, and the United Way of Jackson County has expanded its public drop-off locations as part of its effort to collect donated diapers for struggling families.
You can donate any size, donate infant and toddler diapers at the following locations:
• United Way of Jackson County: 536 N. Jackson St.
• Henry Ford Allegiance Health -- Cafeteria: 205 N. East Ave.; Jackson Square lobby, 100 E. Michigan Ave.
and the Orthopedic/Neuroscience Center lobby, 1201 E. Michigan Ave.
• News 10’s MomsEveryday studio, located inside the Jackson Chamber of Commerce, 134 W. Michigan Ave.
• CP Federal Union: All locations in Jackson County
• County National Bank: All locations in Jackson County
• HOME FM studios, 106 E. Main Street, Spring Arbor
• Western High School: 1400 S. Dearing Road, Parma
If you can't get to one of the locations, you can still help by
. You will be able to choose how much you want to donate and every dollar donated will go to purchasing diapers.