Many mid-Michigan roads are under water from the recent heavy rainfall.
Northbound Aurelius at Jolly is closed due to large potholes.
Kalamazoo street between Marigold and Clippert is closed due to water completely over the roadway.
Northbound Pennsylvania at Baker is closed due to water over the roadway.
Drivers be aware that Kalamazoo Street, from Marigold Avenue to Clippert Street, is currently closed to traffic due to water over the road in East Lansing. Barricades are in place and drivers should seek alternate routes.
Community members are reminded that they can report flooding on streets/roadways to the East Lansing Department of Public Works by calling (517) 337-9459.
Several Roads closed due to flooding:
1. Okemos Road Closed at Central Park and Gaylord C. Smith (flooding)
2. Hillcrest/Seminole (flooding)
3. Van Atta North bound lane (north of bridge at Harris Nature Center - flooding)
4. Okemos Road North bound lane North of bridge (pothole with cones up)
5. Okemos Road North bound lane in front of Delta Dental Large Pot hole with barrel blocking roadway (large pot hole)
6. Nakoma Closed at bridge (flooding)
7. Huron Hill/Nakoma (flooding)
8. Ottawa/Nakoma (flooding)
9. Ottawa/Woodcraft (several houses on Ottawa North of Woodcraft cut off - flooding)
10. 4751 Woodcraft just West of Ottawa last house open (flooding)
11. Several houses on lower portion of Lagoon water closing in (flooding)
12. House on end of Liverance water closing in. (flooding)
Harris Nature Center, Ferguson Park, Legg Park and Wonch Park are also closed due to flooding.
UPDATED ROAD CLOSURE LIST AS OF THURSDAY FEB. 22, 2018 at 8:00am
The following roads are closed until the water receeds:
Bauer from Taft to Dexter Trail
Cutler from Wacousta to Forest Hill
Pratt from Jones to Clintonia
Howe from Chandler to Watson
Watson from Clise to Cutler
Bauer from Stone to Island
Hyde from Bauer to Wacousta
Wright from Stone to Island
Taft from Forest Hill to Wacousta
Gratiot (North County Line) Maple Ave from Harris to Ely Hwy
Forest Hill from Centerline to Taft
Watson from Hall to Colony
Faragher from Harmon to Birmingham
Centerline from Airport to Grove
For questions, call the Clinton County Sheriff's Office at 517-224-5200
Check link provided to see map of flooded roads.
Update 2-22-18 @ 3:00pm
Allen Road between Webberville and Morrice
Beeman Road between Sherwood and Church
Urbandale Subdivision in Lansing Twp. (Area south of Michigan Ave and West of US -127)
Kalamazoo St. between Harrison and US-127
Okemos Road between Hamilton to Central park
Clippert Road Between Michigan to Kalamazoo
Meridian Road between Brown and M-36
McCue Road Between Gunn and Eifert
Avoid the area of M-21 east of Muir at the Maple Ridge Bridge