LANSING, MI (WILX) -- Are you tired of having the traditional ham and turkey for the holidays? Well, don't worry, there are some other options.
News 10's Elissa Kedziorek spoke with Longhorn's Andrew Poe to learn how to make a filet and lobster tail dish, a crab cake filet, and a sirloin with lobster shrimp mac and cheese dish.
You can watch that video down below.
If you are interested in making the Crab Cake Filet, here is the recipe for that dish:
• 4 filets
• 3 tablespoons salt
• 1 tablespoon pepper
• 1 tablespoon granulated onion
• 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
• 1 teaspoon of canola oil
• 4 crab cakes (optional)
• 1 cup of lump blue crab
• 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
• 1 tbsp. of parsley
• 2 tbsp. of butter
• 1 tbsp. of garlic, chopped
• ½ cup of heavy cream
• LongHorn Steakhouse’s 8 oz. filets are fresh, never frozen and grilled on a flat-top grill, similar to a cast iron pan or griddle that can be used at home.
• Heat the pan to medium-high heat.
• Season steaks with salt, pepper, granulated onion and garlic powder.
• Add canola oil to the griddle.
• Place seasoned steaks on griddle.
• Grill to your desired degree of done-ness, flipping the steak every 3 to 4 minutes.
• Top each filet with a crab cake (optional).
Lemon Garlic Sauce Topping Directions:
• Heat cream, garlic and parsley in a sauce pan and let it reduce.
• Add in lump blue crab, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and butter to the sauce pan.
• Heat on medium heat until warm.
• Pour over the crab cakes and filets and serve.
The recipe serves four.
Copyright 2019 WILX. All rights reserved.