LANSING, Mich. (WILX) -- A local priest who resigned last year after being accused of sexual harassment has been banned from the catholic church.
It's an update to a story News 10 has been tracking for months.
Father Inglot submitted his resignation as pastor of Saint Thomas Aquinas Parish in East Lansing and the Saint John Church and Student Center last October.
He was suspended by the Catholic Diocese of Lansing a month earlier after a credible claim of sexual harassment was made by an adult coworker.
At the time, the Diocese said it immediately opened an investigation and ordered Father Inglot to undergo counseling.
Over the weekend, the Catholic Diocese of Lansing said Father Inglot had been given senior priest status, which is the Catholic church's equivalent of retirement.
Usually, senior priests are those who reach an age where they are no longer assigned to a parish, but can help with a parish when it is necessary.
He has not been charged with any crime, but Father Inglot is now banned from having any assignments within any Catholic church.
Last fall, the State Attorney General's Office started investigating abuse of any kind by Catholic priests in Michigan dating back to 1950.
New Attorney General Dana Nessel took over that investigation and has promised an update into that investigation as well as the AG's investigation into the MSU's handling of Larry Nassar and the Flint water crisis all on Thursday.
News 10 will continue to track this story.