LANSING, Mich. (WILX) -- Lansing Mayor Andy Schor made a Halloween announcement on Monday.
He says the official trick-or-treating time has been set for 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday in Lansing.
The Lansing Police Department laid out some tips for a safe night.
• When possible, trick-or-treat in a familiar neighborhood.
• Younger children should be accompanied by an adult.
• Older children should take friends – travel with a group.
• Wear reflective clothing and/or carry a flashlight or glow stick.
• Remind children not to enter a stranger’s house or vehicle.
• Parents should set a time limit for older children to return.
• Have an adult inspect all candy prior to consuming.