Advertisement

UPDATE: House catches fire in Meridian Township

 One of the tenants said the fire started after his two roommates were cooking with grease. (Source: WILX)
One of the tenants said the fire started after his two roommates were cooking with grease. (Source: WILX) (WILX)
Published: Apr. 24, 2020 at 12:01 PM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Multiple fire departments are at the scene of a fire at 2177 Fox Hollow Drive in Okemos.

Meridian Fire Inspector Travis Millerov said the fire started around 11:15 a.m. News 10 spoke with one of the tenants who said the fire started in the kitchen while his two roommates were cooking with grease. He said the fire spread to other rooms in the house.

The tenant said he was asleep when the fire started and his roommates woke him up and told him to get out of the house.

The tenant said by the time fire rescue arrived to the home, it was engulfed in flames.

Millerov said two people were transported to the hospital. It is unknown why they were taken to the hospital or the severity of their injuries.

Copyright 2020 WILX. All rights reserved.

Latest News

Latest News