Friday night's game: No parking, tailgating at Munn Field
Football season is here and Spartan fans will be gathering Friday night to watch MSU take on Utah State.
Before you break out the hot dogs and grill and get ready to tailgate, Michigan State University Police Captain Doug Monette says Munn Field will be closed.
Although it's been a Spartan tradition to park and tailgate at Munn Field, officials say the space has experienced a lot of wear and tear over the years.
Captain Monette says student athletic clubs and organizations need the field to stay in good condition for practice and events.
MSU officials say fans can park at Cherry Lane Field on Shaw Lane near Birch for $30.
Lots open Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm.
• Seat cushions without backs or zippered sections that cannot be used as a bag
• Binoculars (but leave the case at home)
• Pagers and cell phones (but leave selfie-sticks at home)
• Small cameras and radios (but leave cases at home)
• Blankets and rain apparel (no umbrellas)
• One factory sealed 20-oz. bottled water per person
• Purses or bags of any size
• Containers of any kind, including aerosol cans and spray cans
• Umbrellas, flags and flagpoles
• Alcoholic beverages and food of any kind
• Coolers, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, flasks. and open bottled water
• Camcorders and tripods and selfie-sticks
• Non-approved chair backs Projectiles
• Other potentially dangerous objects