Fire on second floor of home in south Lansing

By  | 

LANSING, Mich. (WILX) -- Firefighters were battling a fire at a residence on Norman Street in Lansing Wednesday evening.

The second floor of the home on the 500 block of Norman Street was fully engulfed.

Fire officials told News 10 that nobody was home at the time, but a pet dog was taken to a veterinary hospital with undisclosed injuries.

Fire crews responded at around 6:30 p.m. after neighbors called about smoke coming from the windows.