Advertisement

Court: Hearing over Nassar "Wave 2" lawsuits scheduled this week

 Nassar "wave 2" survivors want MSU to put more money in healing fund. (Source WILX)
Nassar "wave 2" survivors want MSU to put more money in healing fund. (Source WILX) (WILX)
Published: Jun. 10, 2019 at 5:55 AM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

More than 100 survivors of Larry Nassar will ask Michigan State University to put more money into a fund for survivors.

Court documents show a hearing in the case involving the so-called "Wave 2" survivors is scheduled for Thursday, June 13 in U.S. District Court in Grand Rapids.

The group of survivors were not part of the original

$500 million settlement with MSU.

$425 million of the original settlement went to the first group of 333 survivors. $75 million was set aside to settle future claims.

An additional 168 "Wave 2" survivors have filed suit since then.

The survivors are seeking settlements from the $75 million fund.

Last April, MSU said it had

settled with some of those survivors.

MSU spokeswoman Emily Guerrant told wilx.com at the time that "MSU is still actively engaged in settlement talks with the Wave 2 survivors."

Stay with News 10 as we continue to track the negotiations. Copyright 2019 WILX. All rights reserved.

Latest News

Latest News