All clear at Lansing Eastern after gas smell noted
On Friday morning, Consumers Energy reported gas leaks in the downtown Lansing area.
The odor was reportedly near Eastern High School, which resulted in an evacuation around 9 AM.
The Lansing School District sent out an Facebook message thanking the students and staff for their orderly and safe conduct during the evac.
They left the building and and were sent to the Don Johnson Fieldhouse while Consumers checked on the building for a possible gas leak.
Now, all students and staff are back in the building after being given an "all clear" from Consumers Energy.
Consumers confirmed that there was not an actual gas leak at the school.