Auto Glass Technician Trainee
Want to be one of our famous technicians in red? We thought so.
Join us as a technician trainee, the first step to becoming a technician at Safelite. You'll earn money as you learn how to install auto glass and provide exceptional customer service for Safelite AutoGlass.
Technicians become experts at troubleshooting, working independently, and focusing on attention to detail -- all while enjoying the camaraderie of a larger team. This is not your typical desk job. You'll take charge, work outside, use your hands, maximize your mechanical aptitude, and take pride in providing your customers with an experience so great, it's memorable.
Start an exciting adventure!
What you'll do:
* Learn through hands-on, classroom, and on-the-job training.
o Install and repair auto glass.
o Understand Safelite's commitment to customer experience.
o Use smart phone applications and Safelite systems.
* Complete supervised installations by embracing a positive attitude and following taught techniques.
* Study to pass a required Safelite certification in order to take the next career step toward becoming a technician.
* Commit to the Safelite Spirit.
o We like going out of our way to help solve people's problems and make their day better.
o We genuinely care about people, treat each other like family, and show courage to do the right thing -- always.
o We find creative ways to get the job done and go above and beyond the expected.
* Competitive hourly pay -- paid weekly.
* Performance-based incentives and bonuses.
* Paid training, vans, smart phone, tools, and uniforms.
* 401k with company matching.
* Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 annually).
* Competitive medical insurance.
* Paid time off for R&R and volunteering opportunities in your own community.
* Being part of a national organization with career growth potential.
* Working with a purpose. This role makes a difference every day!
* Celebrated as one of our valued technicians.
* Resilience to work in the great outdoors (in all weather conditions).
* Perseverance and strong problem-solving abilities.
* Just enough mechanical knowledge/aptitude to learn auto glass installation.
* An interest in working with cars.
* Valid driver's license with a track record of safe driving.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs, routinely lift 30lbs.
* High school diploma or GED.
How to Apply: Please apply at safelite.com with resume
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8582545
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8582545
FT Professional Support – Conference Services Coordinator
LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
This posting is open until filled
Hours per Week: 40 Hours
Number of openings: 2
Department: Conference Services
Position Type: Regular
Position Level: FT Support-6
Position Number: FS9646, FS9647
Bargaining Unit: ESP (Educational Support Personnel)
Job Summary and Description
This posting is for two (2) positions. There is one opening at LCC's Downtown Campus and there is one opening at LCC's West Campus.
The Conference Services Coordinator’s work is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day Conference Services operations on LCC’s Downtown or West Campus. During the absence of one of the coordinators, the other coordinator will be responsible for covering the alternate campus location. Duties include directing the work of events for the support staff and contractors. This position is also responsible for back office support such as drafting contracts, preparing invoices, generating requisitions, processing check requests, payments, etc. This position requires strong customer service skills, professionalism and the ability to think critically and respond to stressful situations effectively with diplomacy.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related industry (culinary, business, events, etc.) Demonstrated experience in a related industry (culinary, business, events, etc.) Proficiency in all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Outlook) products Customer Service experience
Significant experience in event planning and/or project management
Certified Meeting Professional
How to Apply: Apply online, https://lcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=3&id=459
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8912715
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8912715
Project Engineer Design Construction Road
1. Supervise and coordinates the activities of assigned technical personnel in construction layout, project inspection, material testing, populating construction files, project reporting, and closeout. Develops and evaluates construction methods and schedules in accordance with project budget and time constraints. Inspects construction projects in progress and upon completion.
2. Reviews construction plans and specifications for construction projects. Maintains project files, updating them as work progresses and prepares pay estimates. Supervise and coordinates department construction projects to ensure an operational and durable end product. Prepares pay estimates and monitors costs to ensure budget constraint.
3. Works with consultants, when appropriate, to oversee consultant designed construction projects. Evaluates consultant generated plans and specifications to ensure the buildable aspect of projects.
4. Works with various state and federal agencies to comply with reporting requirements on projects that are partially or totally funded by those agencies. Responds to questions from contractors, developers, engineers, road department staff and the general public regarding road department construction and specifications. Ensures quality of workmanship and materials, resolves conflicts and responds to citizen concerns.
5. Uses professional engineering principles, training, and experience to evaluate problems at construction or maintenance sites, including but not limited to, issues such as soil erosion and sedimentation, drainage, and catch basin locations. Determines appropriate courses of action to resolve problems. Meets and negotiates with parties affected by road projects and, when possible, proposes remedies for stakeholder concerns.
6. Works to determine actual field conditions and helps adjusts project design to fit those conditions. Performs design engineering as assigned, including assisting technical personnel in drawing plans, writing specifications and the acquisition of rights of way.
7. Participates in the planning process by collaborating with other professional staff to evaluate the need for road project improvements.
8. Provides information to the public and attends public hearings and stakeholders meetings concerning road and bridge improvement projects and other Road Department activities.
9. Attends professional engineering events and seminars and reads literature in the field to keep current with techniques in design, construction and management. Updates technical staff of changes in engineering standards.
10. Executes the responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Engineering when absent, according to lawful and ethical standards.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related is required.
A minimum of 4 years of progressively more responsible civil engineering experience in road design and construction. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Michigan required.
* Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license.
* The position requires the proficient use of word processing, spreadsheet software, and software programs such as MERL, FieldBook, and FieldManager. Knowledge of software programs such as MicroStation and GEOPAK is highly desirable.
How to Apply: https://selfservice.ingham.org/mss/default.aspx
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8889940
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8889940