FT Professional Support Accounts Payable Support
LANSING COMMUNIYY COLLEGE
Hourly Wage: $15.38 - 17.22
Hours per Week: 40 Hours
Number of openings: 1
Department: Accounting Services
Position Type: Regular
Position Level: FT Support-4
Position Number: FS9798
Bargaining Unit: ESP (Educational Support Personnel)
Job Summary and Description
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, Accounts Payable Staff process vendor invoices and College expense reports for payment, which includes obtaining proper approvals, auditing for support documentation and proper general ledger coding, and resolving discrepancies utilizing an automated software system. This position maintains and updates documentation of accounts payable processes, communicates with internal and external customers when necessary, reconciles vendor accounts throughout year for 1099 reporting accuracy, sends vendor direct deposit notifications and receiver notices, maintains Accounts Payable logs, and is responsible for all Accounts Payable document scanning and indexing. This position will also maintain the expense report automated software system, run needed reports, reconcile credit card feeds from the P-card bank website, process all Concur employee service requests, and add users and delegates. This position will also assist in other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
Associate's Degree in accounting or related field required; or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
At least 2 years of experience working in accounts payable or a closely related field required.
Advanced data entry and computer skills required.
Excellent customer service-effectively listens, communicates, and services our internal and external customers.
Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to independently prioritize, balance, and complete multiple tasks.
Proficient knowledge of accounting computer software, Windows, and Microsoft products.
Attention to detail.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Strong accounts payable background.
Expense Report processing experience preferred.
1099 processing and reporting experience preferred.
How to Apply: Apply online, https://lcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=3&id=284
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8352092
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8352092
State Police Trooper 10
MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Salary: $933.60 - $2,088.00 Biweekly
The Michigan State Police is seeking quality and diverse men and women looking for an exciting and rewarding career in law enforcement. A Michigan State Trooper performs a full range of law enforcement assignments and is a certified police officer by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES). A trooper typically works out of a State Police post and patrols the roads of an assigned geographical area to prevent or detect traffic law violations, conduct criminal investigations, and provide a variety of related services to the public.
At the entry level of this classification, employees are initially assigned (earning a paycheck and health insurance benefits) to the Michigan State Police (MSP) Training Academy Recruit School where one completes the required law enforcement officer residential training program (approximately 20-22 weeks), as well as other course work and physical training intended to provide the knowledge and skills required to function as a State Police Trooper. Successful completion of recruit school is mandatory for continued employment. Upon graduation from recruit school, the probationary trooper is assigned to a State Police post and under close supervision, begins to function as a police officer. The employee must satisfactorily complete an 18-month probationary period in this classification. Successful completion of the probationary period is mandatory for continued employment.
Requirements: MUST take and pass the Entry Level Law Enforcement exam to apply for this position.
Willingness to submit to a thorough background investigation designed to measure the applicant's suitability for police work. Must be a United States citizen. Must be a resident of the State of Michigan before graduation from the Academy. Must be at least 21 years of age by recruit school graduation. Must have a valid Michigan driver's license by recruit school graduation. Must possess a satisfactory driving record
How to Apply: Apply online, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/michigan/jobs/1087243/state-police-trooper-10?keywords=trooper&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8519220
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8519220
Assistant Engineer Road Department
1. 1. Coordinates project level activities of technical personnel in drawing plans, writing specifications and the acquisition of rights of way. Develops design plans within budget and time constraints.
2. Analyzes field data collected at project sites and uses engineering design guidelines to design, draw plans and develop specifications for road and bridge improvement projects.
3. Works with consultants, as applicable, to coordinate project design projects. Assists in the preparation of bid documents and specifications for contracted work. Manages project files, updating them as work progresses. May inspect construction projects in progress and upon completion.
4. Works with various state and federal agencies to comply with reporting requirements on projects that are partially or totally funded by those agencies. Reports include preliminary design, grade inspection, final design, drawing and bid document submission and letting the project for bid. Monitors and reports project budgets by funding source.
5. Assists with acquiring rights of way needed for the completion of Road Commission projects including meeting and with property owners. Reports rights of way problems to senior staff.
6. Works with senior staff to determine actual field conditions and helps adjusts project design or construction to fit those conditions. Performs construction engineering as assigned, including inspection duties. Assists senior staff with parties affected by road projects, when applicable, alters design to address the concerns of adjacent property owners, drain commission, utility companies and other impacted organizations.
7. Participates in the planning process by collaborating with other professional staff to evaluate the need for road project improvements.
8. Provides information to the public and attends public hearings and stakeholders meetings concerning road and bridge improvement projects and other Road Commission activities.
9. Provides technology assistance in modifying computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software to maximize staff efficiency.
10. Attends professional engineering events and seminars and reads literature in the field to keep current with techniques in design, construction and management. Updates technical staff of changes in engineering standards.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
A minimum of 4 years of progressively more responsible civil engineering experience in road design and construction. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Michigan preferred.
How to Apply: https://mol.ingham.org
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8630807
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8630807