1. Greets patients, reviews medical and dental history, and prepares them for dental treatment. Evaluates patient behavior and participates in the behavioral management of patients to alleviate their anxiety or fears. May include giving basic explanation of procedures.
2. Arranges dental instruments, assembles dental instruments, materials, and medications on chair side tray in order of use. Provides post-operative instructions to patient and/or parent as prescribed by the dentist.
3. Sterilizes instruments and keeps other equipment and surfaces disinfected using autoclave, ultrasonic cleaner, or chemical solutions. Practices required sterile techniques and ensures sanitary storage of supplies and equipment. Sends sterilized strips from autoclaves to companies for testing to ensure that autoclaves are working properly.
4. Assists dentist chair side for restorative and surgical procedures by preparing, passing, and receiving appropriate dental instruments, restorative materials, amalgams, dental cements, and temporary sedative fillings in the prescribed fashion.
5. Prepares material and impression trays used to construct models of a patient’s mouth which is needed to manufacture appliances or dentures.
6. Keeps oral environment visible during dental procedures by use of high volume evacuation, air, water spray, rubber dams, or other devices. Assists dentist/hygienist in a manner as to optimize the safety of the patient, hygienist, or dentist in the course of patient treatment.
7. Takes and develops dental radiographs, following radiation safety protocols.
8. Disposes of waste materials from dental procedures including dental sharps, extracted teeth, blood soaked gauze, cotton rolls, and other disposable supplies according to OSHA guidelines and infection control.
9. Instructs patients and parents on proper oral hygiene and other dental issues.
10. Assists in staffing outreach activities related to dental health. Distributes promotional materials, makes presentations, and gives tours
11. Cleans, and disinfects as necessary, the general service area. Inventories, orders, and stores service materials.
12. Prepares bills for services provided and forwards them to the accounting office and performs other support tasks associated with the work.
How to Apply:
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8889924
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8889924
MEDILODGE OF CAPITAL AREA
Primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Dietary Technician and Dietitian in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operations of the Dietary Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local stands, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator. Assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner. Maintain budgeting compliance and customer service standards in all areas.
• Participate in the development of food service policy and procedure development and promote interdisciplinary communication.
• Understand/support the Resident Bill of Rights reflected in all aspects of performance, concern and caring for residents.
• Participate/support/monitor the CQI (QA) process.
• Maintain sanitation and safety standards.
• Responsible for developing and evalutating job descriptions and staffing patterns.
• Establish and evaluate tray service and other departmental services to the facility..
• Implement and evaluate systems for receiving, storing and allocating food and non-food materials for dietary services.
• Assume financial accountability for dietary services.
• Coordinate goals and objectives for the dietary deparment.
• Procure food supplies and equipment for the dietary department.
• Participate in short and long range planning of the physical plan, layot/design and capital improvements.
• Conduct self in a professional manner, supervising and evaluating job performance of all dietary staff.
• Attend facility and departmental meetings.
• Monitor tray service, resident meal service and feeding guidelines.
• Train and orient staff to new developments and/or changes within department.
• Assist in monitoring and setting up of department systems and process.
• Assist in ensuring diet changes, meal extras, snacks, etc are processed on a daily basis.
• Perform the inventory and ordering process for department
• Assist in providing in-services for all staff regarding dietary issues.
• Assist Dietician in planning/implementing menu cycles, resident choice meals and any other food events that occur with the residents/meetings/activities, etc.
• Coordinate communication between the shifts and other departments.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
• Knowledge of nutritional requirements in a large volume operation.
• License or certification as mandated by the state in which employed
• ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
• Experience in long-term care environment and geriatric nutrition preferred, with at least two years of quantity food service experience.
How to Apply:
Apply online, https://prestigehealthcare.vikus.net/jobs/87clory0ikW4_biWvxucAA
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/9650626
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 9650626
Kitchen Prep Staff
Family owned catering business looking to hire both full time and part time Kitchen Prep Staff. Must be motivated and be able to follow directions. Willing to teach the right candidates. Must follow all safe food handling procedures and pay attention to detail. Pay and hours will vary depending on experience and skill level.
Possess a valid driver's license.
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at: Robhill Catering, 16441 S. US-27 Hwy, Lansing, MI 48906
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/9024166
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 9024166