US CENSUS BUREAU
In advance of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people for temporary jobs across the country.
These positions provide the perfect opportunity to earn some extra income while helping your community. The results of the 2020 Census will help determine each state’s representation in Congress, as well as how certain funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in your community is counted!
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Have a valid Social Security number.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Have a valid email address.
• Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
• Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
• Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
• Commit to completing training.
• Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Most jobs require employees to:
• Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
• Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
If you are employed elsewhere, your current job must be compatible with Census Bureau employment and not create conflicts of interest. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Also, you must not engage in any partisan political activity while on duty.
The Census Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit our Equal Employment Opportunity page.
If you are a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. armed forces and were separated under honorable conditions, you may be eligible for veterans’ preference. Documentation supporting your claim for preference must accompany your application. For more information, visit the U.S. Office of Personnel Management Veterans’ Preference page.
How to Apply:
Apply online, https://2020census.gov/jobs/job-details.html#overview
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/9511941
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 9511941
Dev Ops Engineer, Monitoring
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.
Sizmek is looking for ..................................
The Monitoring Engineer has responsibility for the creation and refinement of Monitoring Service policies, processes and procedures for application, system software and infrastructure monitoring of Sizmek production systems and infrastructures.
The Monitoring Engineer is responsible for:
• Operational excellence of new product releases, focusing on monitoring,
• Over-seeing best practice in the implementation of rigorous monitoring procedures covering the full product lifecycle,• Producing new and upkeep existing automated functional and non-functional monitoring scripts and procedures.
• Working closely with and providing consultancy, outreach and training services to NOC team.
• Working closely with and providing consultancy, outreach and training services to the R&D and DevOps teams around the business and operations in: Use of various monitoring tool and developing effective monitoring to ensure that only fully monitored releases are deployed to live.
The Monitoring Engineer will achieve this through collaboration with the other members of the Deployment and NOC Teams. This role reports to the Deployment Team Leader.
Oversee the daily requirements for support of the monitoring tools to provide monitoring for critical production applications and interfaces with development and operations teams to identify and fulfill monitoring requirements.
1. Troubleshoot monitor issues, build new monitors, attain requirements, provide instruction to users of the monitoring tools, adjust thresholds as needed and occasionally build custom URL, web service, SQL or script monitors.
2. Maintain health of the environment by keeping the environment current with upgrades and patches and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with the associated tools.
3. Writing scripts (powershell,bash, perl, etc.) to execute monitoring tasks that are out of the scope and capabilities of the monitoring systems.
4. Participate and support troubleshooting and analysis processes in case the dimensioning services or unexpected systems behavior impact the quality of the services offered by company.
5. Ensure that Monitoring policies tie into the wider Monitoring remit and also work to join as seamlessly as possible the development, operations and usage lifecycles and hence end to end monitoring of the entire product lifecycle chain and service.
6. Work with Operations and development teams to understand improvement, new feature and enhancement requirements for the monitoring development teams to implement.
7. Champion Monitoring processes and tools. Ensure that Monitoring principles, processes and tools are established and adhered to.
8. Provide a robust service for monitoring products deploying onto the platform. Utilise this service to validate all expected KPIs, events, alerts, action, documentation and trend analysis graphs are fit for purpose for the product and infrastructure. Work with development and DevOps teams to ensure alert thresholds are fit for purpose and do not generate false positives or spam alerts / events.
9. Participate in defining and managing quality assurance processes and procedures.
10. Analyse technical architecture of systems and applications to understand dependencies, points of failure, impacts, and external and internal interfaces, to provide monitoring recommendations for system and infrastructure and time estimates.
11. Provide outreach activities to Development and DevOps teams to diagnose and facilitate resolution of monitoring bugs/issues.
12. Be the main point of contact for all monitoring communication ensuring that all relevant teams are aware of any monitoring developments, releases and issues to ensure expectations are managed.
The ability to analyze and understand complex technical systems built from many separate software and hardware components, specifically web application architectures.
1. An extremely good technical understanding of working within a connected and distributed environment model of multiple applications and the issues and constants this places on the physical environment.
2. Strong knowledge of application, and system software monitoring principles and practice. Some knowledge of infrastructure monitoring principles and practice.
3. The ability to work effectively with 3rd party and internal service providers who manage the application, system software and production or distribution infrastructure.
4. Strong experience in using application, system software and infrastructure internal and external open source and commercial monitoring tools (Microsoft SCOM, CA SOI/Spectrum, Nagios,Cacti, Grafana,CatchPoint, NewRelic) together with setting of KPIs and a good understanding of how the monitoring tools are used by operations.
5. Proficiency with Unix/shell scripting, Perl or python and PowerShell
6. Knowledge of requirements and best practices for systems management support of Windows and Unix.
7. Working knowledge of TCP/IP and SNMP Management Protocols,Netflow,Telemetry, SSH,DNS.
8. Experience working with and monitoring web applications, Linux and Windows servers, load balancers, switches, routers, MSSQL,PostgreSQL,Hadoop and Couchbase databases, Java, .NET, Apache web services.
9. Experience in a medium/large Internet environment
How to Apply:
Please apply inside of our Jobvite http://app.jobvite.com/m?3ySjWkwu
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/8864718
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 8864718
MAIN STREET CAFE
Assist customers with their orders. Forward customer requests to the kitchen staff. Properly distribute food to correct customers in a polite and professional manner. Business hours are Monday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Seeking individual's with flexible schedules that can work as needed. Full time staff average 30 to 35 hours per week and part time staff average 20 hours per week. Currently we are looking for full time staff.
Seeking individual's with flexible schedules that can work as needed. Main Street Cafe is willing to train the right person, so no previous experience is required. They do prefer individual's to demonstrate "family friendly" attire and presentation. It is also prefered for individual's to be at least 18 years of age, but it is also not a requirement.
How to Apply:
Please apply in person during normal business hours. (Please avoid the main meal rushes when applying, when and if possible.) Come prepared to complete an application, submit a resume and possibly have an in-promptu interview.
205 N. Clinton Ave. St. Johns, MI 48879
Mitalent.org URL for the position, https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/6264646
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 6264646