Olivet College scholarship offers free tuition to qualifying students
LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - A new scholarship program in Michigan is aiming to ensure more students have access to a college education.
Olivet College launched a program Thursday that offers qualifying students a tuition-free college education. The Olivet College ADVANTAGE Scholarship is made possible by the Michigan Achievement Scholarship Program.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for free published tuition and fees:
- Qualify for the Michigan Achievement Scholarship (MAS)
- Qualify for the federal Pell grant
- Complete the Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Olivet College as their first school choice by May 1
- Be a first-time student beginning in the fall of 2023
- Enroll as a full-time student
Additionally, there will be benefits to other students through the program.
Students who qualify for the MAS and come from families whose adjusted gross income is $100,000 or less will pay no more than $5,000 in published tuition and fees for the 2023-24 academic year.
Students who qualify for the MAS and come from families who earn more than $100,000 in adjusted gross income will receive at least $20,000 of institutional funds from Olivet College toward published tuition and fees.
Students will be automatically considered for the Olivet College ADVANTAGE Scholarship when they submit the required FAFSA.
More information on Olivet College scholarships and grants can be found on the school’s official website.
- Watermain work prompts more closures in Meridian Township
- Michigan’s Mazi Smith pleads guilty to weapons charge
- DOJ subpoenas Michigan elections department regarding Trump
- Consumers Energy to provide over $7M to help Michiganders with heating bills
Subscribe to our News 10 newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning.
Copyright 2022 WILX. All rights reserved.