Man shot by East Lansing police at Lake Lansing Meijer charged with 7 felonies
EAST LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - The man shot by East Lansing police in a Meijer parking lot has been charged with seven felonies.
Court documents show DeAnthony VanAtten has been charged with four counts of assaulting and obstructing a police officer and receiving and concealing a stolen firearm. The date of the offense is listed April 25, the same day an East Lansing police officer shot VanAtten outside the Lake Lansing Meijer store.
VanAtten was arraigned Thursday.
Video of the shooting was released by the East Lansing Police Department. It captured VanAtten running out of the store and into a parking lot, where he was shot.
The full, unedited video can be viewed at the following link: WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT.
- ‘A commitment to transparency’ -- East Lansing police release footage from inside Meijer store
- Police shooting outside East Lansing grocery store injures 1
- ‘How dare you’ -- Tempers rise in East Lansing over police shooting outside Meijer
- Community responds to released video of East Lansing police shooting
- East Lansing Police Oversight Commission pushes for more video to be released in Meijer police shooting
- Transparency demanded in police shooting at East Lansing Meijer
- Michigan State Police conclude investigation into Meijer police shooting
Copyright 2022 WILX. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to our News 10 newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning.