Driving safely in heavy rains and floods
The State of Michigan does have some advice for drivers for flooding conditions.
Published: Feb. 17, 2022 at 10:36 AM EST|Updated: Feb. 17, 2022 at 1:02 PM EST
LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - If you’re heading out the door Thursday morning, you may be running into some flooding from the rain the Lansing-Jackson area is getting.
This could bring some slowdowns on your commute.
The State of Michigan does have some advice for drivers for flooding conditions:
- Just six inches of water can stall cars.
- A foot of water can cause many vehicles to float.
- It’s important to never try to drive through a flooded road.
- Never drive around a barricade
- They are put in place for a reason, and you may not be able to tell what’s on the other side if it’s dark.
Above all else, use caution and be patient on your morning drive.
Copyright 2022 WILX. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to our News 10 newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning.