Mayor Schor extends 2020 City of Lansing income tax filing deadline
LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - On Thursday, Mayor Andy Schor announced that the City of Lansing will extend its 2020 City of Lansing income tax filing deadline from April 30, 2021, to June 1, 2021.
The IRS has already pushed back the federal tax filing deadline to May 17, 2021 due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The City of Lansing will follow suit allowing residents and businesses additional time to file their income taxes.
How Income Tax Payments can be made:
- In Person: Payments can be dropped off into the Treasury and Income Tax drop box located on the Capital Avenue side of City Hall (124 W. Michigan Avenue).
- By Mail: Payments can be sent via regular mail to Lansing City Treasurer, P.O. Box 40752, Lansing, MI 48901.
- Online: Payments can be made online at www.lansingmi.gov/onlinepayment – You will need your file number or the last four digits of your social security number in order to complete this payment. Checking account payments and credit card payments are accepted.
- Phone: Credit card payments can be made by calling 1-855-474-4076. If assistance is needed to complete the process, call Point & Pay’s Customer Service Department at 1-888-891-6064.
- Payment Plans/Arrest Warrants/Settlement Agreements: Call 517-483-4103.
- Additional Questions: Call 517-483-4115 for other income tax related information.
Copyright 2021 WILX. All rights reserved.