Areas Affected: Clinton
...The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids has issued a flood
advisory for the following rivers in Southwest Lower Michigan...
Looking Glass River Near Eagle affecting Clinton County
.The cold weather pattern appears to have generated some ice in the
Looking Glass river basin resulting in elevated water levels. The
cold weather pattern will persist into Thursday. The following
forecast is based on observed and forecast 48 hour precipitation.
The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the Looking Glass River Near Eagle.
* until Friday morning.
* at 07 PM Wednesday the stage was 5.7 feet.
* Bankfull stage is 5.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Forecast, the river will rise to near 6.0 feet by after midnight tonight. Rapid fluctuations are possible.
* Impact, at 6.0 feet...Expect minor flooding of low lying wooded areas. &&
Safety message...Caution is urged when walking near riverbanks. A flood advisory means minor flooding is possible and rivers are forecast to exceed bankfull. If you are in the advisory area remain alert to possible flooding...or the possibility of the advisory being upgraded to a warning. Report observed flooding to local emergency services or law enforcement and request they pass this information on to the National Weather Service. Stay tuned to further developments by listening to your local radio... television... or NOAA Weather Radio station for further information.