McIlroy Apologizes


Rory McIlroys ays the pressure of meeting expectatons as golf's number one player got the best of him when he quit and walked off the course last week. McIlroy says he has elarned his lession and "it won't happen again."
McIlroy met with the media in Miami Wednesday for the first time since he quit after eight holes Friday at the Honda Classic and apologized for his mistake. The 23-yea old from Northern Ireland says his frustrations stem from a problem with his swing and not his switch to Nike equipment. McIlroy is at Doral for the World Golf Championship tournament which begins Thursday.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 195687631