It's Official: Manningham To The NFL

By  | 

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Mario Manningham confirmed Monday he has entered the NFL draft.
"It was a hard decision, but after discussing it with my family it was the right one for me to make right now," Manningham said in an interview with The Associated Press, while driving home to Ohio. "I've heard I will be drafted in the first round because of the lack of depth at wide receiver."
Manningham said he will work out in Cleveland, preparing for the league's scouting combine and draft.
New Wolverines coach Rich Rodriguez said last week that he did not expect to coach Manningham, quarterback Ryan Mallett or wide receiver Adrian Arrington this fall.
Manningham is a potential first-round pick after catching 72 passes for 1,174 yards and 12 touchdowns and running 19 times for 119 yards and a score last season. The 6-foot, 178-pound native of Warren, Ohio had 65 receptions for 1,136 yards and 15 touchdowns during his first two seasons for the Wolverines.
Mallett's father said last week that his son would not return to Ann Arbor, but he said Monday that the former Texas Class 4A offensive player of the year has not yet decided where to resume his college football career.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus