CAPITAL AREA DISTRICT LIBRARIES
Salary: $12.69 per hour
Description: Under the supervision of a Library Head or Public Services Head, exercises various library skills, providing patrons with technical assistance in library operations and materials use. Position performs a variety of reference/circulation desk duties, assisting patrons with various questions, preparing displays and assisting in the development of library programs. Additionally, may be responsible for specific segments of library service, specializing in designated areas. Requirements:
- Experience working in a public library is preferred.
- Second language speakers desired (Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese, Farsi, Hmong/Lao or Serbo-Croatian).
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent. How to Apply: Please send or FAX a cover letter, current resume, and a completed Capital Area District Libraries Application (PDF*) to: Capital Area District Libraries Attn: Human Resources PO Box 40719 Lansing, MI 48901-7919 FAX 517.374.1068 https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/953981 Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4281506
Human Resources Coordinator
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Description: - Conduct new employee orientation. - Process, create, maintain, review and distribute bi-weekly payroll. - Manage and administer company group insurance plans. - Familiarize and maintain working knowledge of all programs and policies as defined in the Employee Handbook. - Conduct and respond to reference checks. - Employee personnel file management, creation and maintenance. - Assist with recruitment by screening resumes, conducting phone screens, pre-testing, interview scheduling, etc. - Create and post jobs on various job boards. - Respond to inquiries regarding employment verification of wages, unemployment, etc. - Process unemployment claims and all other duties assigned. - All other HR duties as assigned.
Requirements: - Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field. - Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access. - Minimum of 2 years of previous HR experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position.
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4281403
Educational Program Coordinator
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EMPOWERMENT CENTER (ITEC)
$15.00 per hour
The Information Technology Empowerment Center seeks a full time Educational Program
Coordinator for its Lansing, Michigan operations. The successful candidate will have
responsibility for coordinating technology education programs for low-and moderate income youth and adults in
the mid-Michigan region.
1. Under supervision of the Executive Director, coordinate ITEC educational programs at
schools and community-based locations. Coordinate with training center staff,
particularly contract instructors, to ensure successful program operations.
2. Coordinate with instructors and MSU and LCC evaluators and researchers on baseline
assessment of student levels and develop benchmarks for assessing student
achievement. Coordinate development and maintenance of data systems to track the
process and progress of the programs, and assess operational and educational
3. Develop strategies to build awareness of the programs, including public outreach and
education campaigns, developing written materials and through presenting ITEC to
4. Work with regional parties that provide educational programs (K-12 and Postsecondary) in Greater Lansing
and build awareness of programs.
5. Organize and coordinate ITEC community education programs in Lansing area middle
school and high schools and other community-based settings. Build support for and
organize educational programs; coordinate with ITEC instructors; serve as a liaison
for ITEC to students, parents, teachers and school officials; and coordinate
assessment activities in ITEC classes.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field
Minimum of three years’ experience as educational or human services/social services
Program manager, educational counselor or other related program/project management experience.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
Experience in working with diverse populations.
Experience with office procedures and administration.
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain relationships with multiple audiences, including students,
instructors, private firms, community partners, volunteers.
Strong organizational skills
Strong attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply: To apply send a resume and a cover letter to Andrew Belanger at: email@example.com
https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/951287 Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4278817